Hello and Welcome to Crew List!
We have been around since 2001 and in 2020 released this new version which has been structured as a Social Media Platform specifically for people who work in the Motion Picture & Television Industry, except devoid of all the politics and divisiveness of Facebook and Twitter etc. Only subjects of professional interest within each member's discipline and of the community in general are allowed.
You will have already received an email instructing you to login using a temporary password and set your secure personal password. If that did not work for any reason, you may utilize the Forgot Password protocol which will allow you to establish or reset your secure login password! or if that fails (very rare) please contact us to investigate why this may have happened!
You may wish to visit the "Settings" page, which contains a list of detailed email notifications is accessed by clicking on your mini-profile icon in the far right of the main navigation at the top of each page!
We look forward to your learning and taking advantage of what our website has to offer. In order to get started, we highly recommend that you visit and read through the convenient User Manual "Callsheet" that is linked at in the main and footer menus of the website!
Using the new interface:
- First, While it does adjust to smaller screens, we strongly suggest that you view and use the site whenever possible with a computer as it is so much easier to navigate and utilize its features that way.
- Once you have become acquainted with the 'ins and outs' of the site, you may want to change or add to certain elements we have provided for you in your profile particularly in the Bio, Demo, and Crew Stills Sections. But first, by all means upload a Profile Photo and Banner Image (which you may crop appropriately using the provided tool.)
- But more importantly it would be great if you experimented with authoring a Topic (Blog, Discussion, or Product Review) on your Stream (Similar to a Facebook wall or timeline) if it's more personal or in the appropriate Department/Group if it applies to that audience more. These are far more flexible writing tools (more like a word processor) than platforms like Facebook and the like offer where you can create more publication style articles with embedded photo and video elements (like your biography and credits). A good trick is to keep an article like this "Unpublished" until it is complete. There is a simple checkbox right before the 'save' button (under the "Settings" tab toward the bottom of the Topics and Events creation pages) to keep "unchecked" until you are ready to go. You can't do that on Facebook !!! - And the great news is that you may author here and then simply share on the popular Social Media Sites making for a much more professional presentation overall!
- And finally we would also like to suggest that you kick things off by looking through the "Master Crew List" for names of folks you may know or wish to "Follow" on your "MyCrew List".
- Based upon your demonstrated experience, we have initially placed you in some key Department/Groups based upon the Primary and Qualified Positions/Departments that you registered under.
- Once you are more comfortable with the functioning or the Crew List Platform, you may apply to join additional Departments in which you may wish to engage.
To do for for most new users:
- * Upload a Profile Photo (Approx 3x4 format) and Banner image (Approx 16x9 format).
- * Please go through each of the fields in your Member Profile and complete as many as possible as a complete profile is the best method of representing yourself and building your "brand"
- * Would you like for us to migrate your Current IMDb Credits into your Bio? You may see how this looks once logged in by visiting most other member profiles as many have taken advantage of this offer! Please let us know via the contact form.
- Go to your Settings page which is accessed via the Member Menu (Icon in extreme upper right of the main menu) and set your Notification Preferences to increase or limit the types and frequency activity notifications you receive.
* If not complete.
If you ever have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to reach out via our contact page!
Thank you for your participation in the Crew List Platform!
Tell a friend or colleague as that is what helps us grow!